There’s no Stamping Sunday this weekend as I’m behind on a few reviews so today I just have gorgeous nails for you😀
Quite some time back, I was contacted by OMG Nail Strips to review their strips and I jumped at the chance because I haven’t worn many nail strips before! I chose 2 designs, the peacock one and a lace design. Today I’m showing you the peacock one (obviously).
To start, you get 2 rows of 7 for a total of 14 strips.
It isn’t many so you only have enough for one application on all your nails but the sizes are great and suitable for MOST nail sizes unless you have tiny, tiny fingernails.
Strips dimensions: Width of .39″-.68″ and length of 1.18″.
1. Soak your hands in warm water for 5 minutes. Dry hands, then gently push back cuticles. Carefully remove any excess skin around the nail bed.
2. Select the appropriate sized nail strip for each nail to ensure the nail will be covered from sidewall to sidewall. If a nail strip is too large trim it with scissors to the appropriate width.
3. Peel off the clear plastic coating and then carefully remove the nail strip from the strip backing.
4. Start by placing the round end of the nail strip along the base of the cuticle. Smooth the strip along the base of the cuticle and towards the tip of the nail. Make sure to smooth out any bumps and tuck the strip neatly along the sidewalls of your nail.
5. File away any excess nail strip by holding your nail file parallel to the surface you will be working on, and file only in a downward motion away from the nail.
6. For best results apply a finishing topcoat and wait 5 minutes for it to dry completely.
Extra application tip from the WEBSITE:
After you have applied all ten polish strips, take a cotton ball the has been dipped in polish removed
with the excess remover wrung out, and swipe each nail 1-3 times, paying special attention to the
sidewalls, tips and cuticle area. This step is especially important, as it melts the strip to your nails, allowing for longer lasting wear.
They are very easy to apply. I had no issues and the bubbles I could see I got out by lifting and stretching the strip a bit further. It was even easy to apply the strip to my skew thumbnail and getting the WHOLE nail covered!
I recommend that you check what your top coat does on one nail before applying to the rest of your nails though. I used Sorbet’s base and top coat combo from my mom and it left my strips unsmooth and I’m sure that it brought some small bubbles out where there weren’t before so I’ll have to test that out with my second pack. They weren’t noticeable unless you INSPECTED my nails but it kind of bothered me.
Let me show you how gorgeous these strips look. The peacock design is just STUNNING!!!
I can’t tell you how challenging it was to wear these strips for long because I’m so used to doing my nails every 2/3 days but I persisted because I don’t have a polish problem😉
I applied them early Monday morning and this is my day 5 wear:
There was tip wear on all my nails. My dominant hand had more wear but looks almost like the strips had shrunk.
My thumb had more as I got it stuck in my car door handle.
The strips are pretty hard wearing in my opinion. I really put them through a bit to see if they could handle some cleaning with Handy Andy, etc.
Even with some wear, I NEVER had of the strip sticking up to catch on my clothes/hair. This is ESPECIALLY true in regards to the thumb I got caught in the car door handle.
I’m sure I could have gotten longer wear if I used a thicker top coat as the Sorbet one is also very thin and runny.
They are a little bit difficult to remove too and normal nail polish did nothing except take off my top coat so I had to use pure acetone to remove these puppies.
So I’d recommend you use that for removal.
Would I wear these strips again?
Yes! I definitely think I’ll keep my lace strips for when I feel lazy and don’t want to do nail art to work AND I’ll seal it with Seche Vite rather so it could last possibly longer.
My leftover strips from the peacock strips, I’ll use for nail art some time as well. Reduce, reuse and recycle so nothing gets wasted!!!
I feel like the strips are fuss free and sometimes you just want pretty nails without fussing!
Have you tried strips from OMG Nail Strips? Or anywhere else? Tell me your experiences.
They have FREE shipping on all orders including US and international!
You can purchase 5 sets for $25 and individual packs $7.99.
Visit their WEBSITE to purchase or browse.
Stalk them on INSTAGRAM, FACEBOOK PAGE, TWITTER.
This product was provided for an honest review.